Prepare an outline of the various sections of your research paper
Here is a model for a possible outline:
Write a rough draft of your research paper.
- Statement of the Problem
- Thesis Sentence
- Body: Paragraphs 1 and 2
- History of the Problem (Include, perhaps, past attempts at solutions. Work in sources.)
- Body: Paragraphs 3 and 4
- Extent of the Problem (Who is affected? How bad is it? Work in sources.)
- Body: Paragraphs 5 and 6
- Repercussions of the Problem (Work in sources.)
- Body: Paragraphs 7 and 8
- Future solutions (not necessarily your own. More sources.)
- Summarize your findings
Read your rough draft critically to find places where information needs to be expanded or deleted.
Revise for your FINAL DRAFT.
Proofread your work.
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECT IS DUE ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 1
- Draft the Introduction.
- Draft the Body Paragraphs.
- Draft the Conclusion AND the Works Cited list.